Frequently asked questions about Offer with Certainty
How does an Offer with Certainty work?
1. First mortgage interview
After your orientation phase, you’ll discuss the possibilities for the mortgage with your Viisi advisor. Provide the necessary documents, and we’ll calculate exactly how much mortgage you could get (maximum amount), and in doing so, we’ll take all aspects of your income and financial obligations into account.
2. Make an offer on your dream home
Has everything been reviewed, and are your submitted documents assessed to be in order? If so, we can guarantee that you can obtain a mortgage up to a specified amount. Up to that purchase price, you can therefore make an offer on a home without a financing clause.
3. Valuation and application for the Offer with Certainty
To apply for the Offer with Certainty Certificate, the value of the property in question must be assessed in advance. This can be done with a desktop valuation or a statement from an estate agent.
4. After your bid
Based on your maximum mortgage amount and the valuation, we will apply for an Offer with Certainty Certificate for you. The amount payable for the issuing of an Offer with Certainty Certificate is € 850 + € 275 for an automatically included bank guarantee.
In the event of an unsuccessful bid
Has your bid not been successful? If this is the case, you will not have to pay the € 850 amount and will only incur costs for the desktop valuation (€ 50 or € 25).
In the event of an accepted offer
Is the bid successful? Then we’ll ensure that the bank guarantee is also provided, within 42 days of signing the purchase agreement. The extra costs for the bank guarantee are € 275 or € 175, for a purchasing price of- or under € 500.000 respectively.
Who provides the Offer with Certainty?
- BNP Paribas is a French bank regulated by the ACPR (Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel et de Résolution) in France and the AFM (Netherlands Authority for Financial Markets) in the Netherlands.
- Hera Life is a Dutch insurance company and is regulated by the AFM.
BNP Paribas and Hera Life do not offer mortgages as a company in the Netherlands.
Your Viiis-adviser will discuss your situation and your mortgage possibilities with you. The Viisi-team will then check the documents that you have provided and after approval, the Viisi-team will send you the certificate for the Offer with Certainty.
What are my obligations?
The most important thing is that you provide a true and total overview of your and – if applicable – your partner’s financial situation. You must disclose all matters relevant to the mortgage application and submit them correctly. You can do this via your My Viisi account.
What are the costs?
The Offer with Certainty certificate costs € 850, and includes the following:
- the first consultation with a mortgage advisor
- the assessment of your documents by our mortgage underwriters
- the Offer with Certainty Certificate
In the event of a successful bid and therefore the purchase of a home, € 275 is added for the provision of the bank guarantee. For homes with a purchase price lower than € 500,000, this is € 175.
In addition, you must take into account the standard additional costs when buying a home, such as costs for Viisi’s mortgage advice, the appraisal report, the notary, and any other costs associated with the property purchase.
The amount for the Offer with Certainty and for providing the bank guarantee will be paid and settled at the notary on the date of completion.
What are the terms and conditions?
The Offer with Certainty is unfortunately not yet available to everyone. The main conditions are:
- You’ve got an income from employment, or you are an entrepreneur and you have an income statement from ViiZ or from an NHG calculation expert.
- You will need to provide us with a complete and accurate overview of your income, assets, involvement in companies, debts (credits, lease cars, student debts), emphyteusis associated with the collateral, and any possible alimony obligations. The next step is to substantiate this information by submitting the documentation requested by us.
- The maximum property value to which this applies is € 750,000.
- Is the property an apartment? Then there is a condition that stipulates that the VvE (the building’s homeowners’ association) is active and financially sound.
- If you apply for the certificate together with a partner, the validity will expire in the event of the termination of your relationship with your partner.
- You need to report changes in income, debts and financial obligations to us as soon as possible, and we will then adapt the certificate to the new situation. The old certificate will then lose its validity.
Please note! These are the main conditions; the list is not exhaustive. Other conditions may apply, which means it might not be possible to request an Offer with Certainty. In the consultation with your advisor, further assessments will be made to ascertain whether an Offer with Certainty can be made available to you. Viisi reserves the right not to issue the certificate if, according to our assessment, the application is not suitable for this purpose.